The transition from pre-school to school is an exciting and important time for all children. At Rangeview Primary School we strive to ensure that our Foundation Transition Program provides a variety of opportunities for you to learn more about our school and invites your child to be involved in our structured transition sessions.
Our Foundation Transition Program will involve a number of sessions held onsite at school across Term 4. These sessions will give your child the opportunity to:
- Get to know all of the wonderful Foundation teachers and other staff, including the principal team, wellbeing support, specialist teachers and integration aides
- Spend time inside classrooms with a range of peers, getting a head start on building social skills and positive relationships across the level
- Participate in specialist activities, including Art, Music, P.E. and LOTE
- Learn about everyday school routines, building important ‘school readiness’ skills
- Have fun! We do everything we can to ensure the transition to primary school is enjoyable for all children involved.
As part of the transition process, we will also run Parent/Carer Information Sessions, which will provide you with all the key information you will need to make this process as smooth as possible – as well as give you the opportunity to ask any questions. If you are yet to book a school tour, please contact the school office to organise this, and browse our website for further information. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly school office or Foundation Transition Coordinator.
We look forward to working positively in partnership with you and your child as they begin their exciting educational journey.
2024 Foundation (Prep) Enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Rangeview.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will be following the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Rangeview from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school office to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
See a Tour of our School
A virtual tour of our school for our Foundation Students.
Isn’t it time we got to know each other?
Take our online VIDEO TOUR or book a SCHOOL TOUR!
Meet our principal, teachers, current students, parents, learn about our curriculum opportunities and tips for a smooth start to school.